Thursday, June 16, 2011

Community Interaction Project

For the community interaction project I asked people to answer 2 short questions about death.
-What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of death?
-What are your emotions towards death?
Some of the answers are from my friends family or other people I know. There are answers by adults and teenagers, and also one answer by a licensed therapist. Also I poster the question on Yahoo Ask to get an even greater range of people answering the question. These are the biggest range of answers I got from people.


JEM
“When I hear the word ‘death‘, and think about it, I tend to imagine the ending of an imperfect story. Some stories end too quickly, some seem to go on forever. The abrupt stories are the teenagers who get into car crashes or children dying in cancer wards while the long ones are the great grandparents that still have traditional sunday dinners. Thinking about death as a closing, a final farewell to the world, rather than mysterious and frightening, makes it easier to accept.
Emotionally, death does not frighten me. At least, my own death does not frighten me, only the deaths of people around me. I see my own death as inevitable; whether it happens tomorrow or in 60 years the result will still be the same. I think if people spend their lives living in fear of death then they can not possibly live to the fullest.”

KD
“I have many different thoughts and feelings when I think of death and they have changed a lot as I have aged. When I was younger it was overwhelming fear and sadness at thoughts of my own and those that I love. I still feel thjat way about those tjhat I love but I have definately come to understand it as part of the whole package of life. I feel that I have had a great life. I0 want to be with my husband and kids and be with my future grandkids for as long as possible. But life has been great for me. I am a little fearful of the unknown and sAd to be separated from those who I love but I have come to accept the inevitable.”

JD
“The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of death is life; new life.
As a human there is some fear of the actual "dying" but I actually look with anticipation, to death to some degree, as I believe strongly in life after death, and the promises we are given by God. Trading in this frail body for one that is eternal and without imperfection appeals to me greatly. =) “

Jacob Shull
“the first thing that comes to my mind is pain
when thinking about death it makes me feel like i can't breath, depressed, and sad”

KD
The first thing that comes to my mind when I think about death is Heaven. As far as my own death goes, I'm not scared or sad about it. When I think about my family or friends dying it scares me to death (no pun intended) and it is more the thought of having to live without them.

Chrissy
“The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of death is Heaven.
I'm not scared of death at all. In fact, I'm kind of excited about it. It would certainly be an interesting experience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment