Friday, May 13, 2011

Death Quotes

" If they kill him tonight, at least he would die alive."
The Book Theif, Markus Zusak,

"The survivors. Theyr'e the ones I can't stand to look at, although on many occasions I still fail, I deliberatly see out the colors to keep my mind off them, but now and then, I witness the ones who are left behind."
The Book Theif, Markus Zusak,

It's Death Again
"It's Death again – He's always there –
Watching, waiting – e'er the stare!
Every time I look behind
Or reach to pull the window blind,
I catch a glimpse of grubby hood –
A little clue to where he stood;
The glint of light that caught the scythe.
Perhaps if I could pay a tithe…
But O! no use, he'll never go.
The adamant phantom; don't you know
He will but wait until it's time
For me to hear His fateful chime? –
The toll that claims my destiny,
To Hail: 'You're next, it has to be…'"
It's Death Again, Mark R Slaughter, Norwich, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment